As a mother of two children, I often end up carrying three pairs of sunglasses — on my T-shirt… It is not that convenient, so, I’ve thought about this little family sunglasses holder. My husband usually deals with his sunglasses, that’s why I’ve created one for three pairs. This is just an idea, this is super convenient for me. Please adapt it to your needs and your bags.
I have used cotton Thai traditional fabric (a) for the outside, another red cotton fabric (b) for the inside and a zipper. The red ribbon is just here to hide some bad sawing.
1. First, I’ve measured what I really needed (17 x18 cm in my case) and added a bit extra for the sewing. Then I’ve made two rectangles with fabric a and two with fabric b. You have to imagine your holder upside down; fabric a is inside and outside is fabric b. Then I measured where I needed to sew and drew a line with chalk. I added the hooks (dark blue fabric + metallic rectangles). I pinned them. 2. I sew along the chalk lines.
3. I pinned then sew the top of the holder.
4. I’ve finished the piece. I then had a holder for two pairs of sunglasses. I wanted a third one, so I had an idea…
5. I made a lined Zipper pouch (see tutorial below), and then 6. sew it to the main piece.
6. I then add buttons or ribbons for decoration purposes or to hide bad curves or bad sewing.
When you’ve finished yours, don’t tell anybody about what’s wrong, it must be a secret…You have to boast around and be proud of yourself!
How to make a Lined Zipper Pouch (Lined Zipper Bag): https://youtu.be/_TLCx197YoQ
You can also use the glasses pouch as a bag by adding a strap…
There you are!
Flamme à lunettes (English): https://youtu.be/Ej6gP7snEko