Fruits are not fun !
As a mother of two children, I often end up carrying three pairs of sunglasses — on my T-shirt… It is not that convenient, so, I’ve thought about this little family sunglasses holder. My husband usually deals with his sunglasses, that’s why I’ve created one for three pairs. This is just an idea, this is super convenient for me. Please adapt it to your needs and your bags.
I have used cotton Thai traditional fabric (a) for the outside, another red cotton fabric (b) for the inside and a zipper. The red ribbon is just here to hide some bad sawing.
1. First, I’ve measured what I really needed (17 x18 cm in my case) and added a bit extra for the sewing. Then I’ve made two rectangles with fabric a and two with fabric b. You have to imagine your holder upside down; fabric a is inside and outside is fabric b. Then I measured where I needed to sew and drew a line with chalk. I added the hooks (dark blue fabric + metallic rectangles). I pinned them. 2. I sew along the chalk lines.
3. I pinned then sew the top of the holder.
4. I’ve finished the piece. I then had a holder for two pairs of sunglasses. I wanted a third one, so I had an idea…
5. I made a lined Zipper pouch (see tutorial below), and then 6. sew it to the main piece.
6. I then add buttons or ribbons for decoration purposes or to hide bad curves or bad sewing.
When you’ve finished yours, don’t tell anybody about what’s wrong, it must be a secret…You have to boast around and be proud of yourself!
How to make a Lined Zipper Pouch (Lined Zipper Bag): https://youtu.be/_TLCx197YoQ
You can also use the glasses pouch as a bag by adding a strap…
There you are!
Flamme à lunettes (English): https://youtu.be/Ej6gP7snEko
– Oh! There is still something we’d like to tell you …
– Nothing serious. It’s just that the police came to school to explain how to be safe on the road to the children. They explained the signs, how to cross the street … That sort of thing. When they finished, they asked if there were any questions.
– And there, we were kind of surprised. Your son, who is usually very shy and has trouble communicating, has raised his hand very high.
– We were really surprised. It is very rare that he raises his hand. I think it was the first time I saw him asking to speak like that.
– The police let him speak. And there, he began to explain to the police that dinosaurs were also very dangerous on the road.
– He described all kinds of dinosaurs and explained to the police how each dinosaur was dangerous on the road in different ways.
– We could not stop him anymore. And he gave all sorts of instructions and explanations about how to protect oneself … It was funny.
– We had a good laugh.
– It was just for the anecdote. Are there other things you want to discuss at this meeting?
– No, that’s fine. And you, darling, do you want to add something?
– No. Thank you for having us.
– Thank you. Goodbye.
– Bye, Madam.
– Bye, do not hesitate to call us or write in the home liaison diary if you have to tell us something …
– All right, good evening.
– Good evening, thank you.
The parents put their coats on and left.
– He’s a quite phenomenon our son. He is awesome. And then, with all the dinosaurs that he knows, he had to talk their ear off for some time ….
– Yes, but you see; somewhat, they are too young for rational explanations. He translated the policeman’s speech into a story adapted to the age of the children. And then, after all, he’s right. The biggest danger on the road is the unexpected. We cannot know what to do in all situations …
– But preparing for the most common contingencies reduces risk ….
The next day, our young hero tried to use Word for the first time. And guess what, he drew shapes to design an Ankylosaurus…