A helping hand – Call for the pursuit of the fight
Dear promoters of direct democracy, from all countries,
First of all, congratulations to those who continue the fight in the field and from their places, each according to their means. A thought also for all the victims of violence, whatever their side.
Many good actions such as boycotts, road toll lifts, blockages of the most powerful hypermarkets and extraordinary coordination without a leader in power. We managed to make them shiver. The people are regaining their rights effectively.
On the other hand, there are also far too many demonstrators in the city centres and in the places of power. For my part, I understand the latter, but I think that unfortunately this is falling into a trap. The State is a fuse box, it is there to take the blows in the place of the owners of multinational companies (e. g. Total, Auchan, Carrefour, Vinci) who have the reality of power in most countries of the world. Head of states and ministers draw anger at them with provocations. So, we march through the city, we take prefectures and ministries. For what purpose? What is the cost for those who fall victim to the many police officers still loyal to power? Where’s the lever? The damage will be repaired with our taxes, nothing more. The real perpetrators of state corruption are even less concerned. These actions allow them to live normally.
Political power is a fuse box. What will happen when the head of state or the ruling party, having focused all the hatred on him, resigns, self-dissolves, followed by elections to choose the next fuse? Months lost, false hopes for change and a loss of momentum in the struggles.
This message is a call to focus on actions that can lead the government’s financiers to ask their elected puppets to accept our demand to adopt the referendum on popular initiative in the constitution. Here are some of the proposals:
– Continue to lift road tolls.
– Block as much as possible access to the country’s two or three largest hypermarkets stores.
– Advocate for prosecutors who are independent of the government and locally elected. The crimes of the financiers in power, elected officials and their bullies must no longer be dismissed without consequences. With the ability of prosecutors to seize Interpol, these often highly mobile white-collar criminals will no longer have a country to hide and enjoy their money.
– Demand an amnesty law for whistle-blowers. Yes, many finance workers have been involved in corruption, our impoverishment and people poisoning, but we have everything to gain from those who want to defect and expose the crimes of their employers or colleagues. We have seen, for example, with the Panama Papers, implant files, Snowden, Assange, Chelsea Manning, etc., that some financial insiders really want to participate in democratic struggles and bring down the oligarchy.
– Call on the United Nations to promote direct democracy in our countries. We all know that the United Nations cannot impose it, but it can measure and promote it. In fact, it cannot deny to apply what is in its founding texts. Even a dictator doesn’t like to be pointed at. International organizations can be valuable allies. It is a reality that the UN, despite all its past failure and our frustrations, have advanced peace by drastically reducing wars between countries, reducing child labour by nine tenth, and defeating the greatest diseases in history, such as smallpox. They are doing their job, do not confuse them with the European Union.
To all of us, keep having courage, we have every reason to be proud of the work done so far, victory may be unlikely, but it is possible if we use our anger for our own ends and not in the service of the opponents of democracy.
Pour lire ceci en français: https://aurianneor.tumblr.com/post/181769674190/main-tendue-appel-à-la-poursuite-de-la-lutte
Petition to the UN for the Popular Initiative Referendum in accordance with Sustainable Development Goal 16 “Peace, justice and strong institutions” (https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg16), for the referendum on the Citizenship Initiative: sign here: http://chng.it/TXCknMhm via Change and pass on to your friends:-)
My hormones want admiration: https://tmblr.co/ZprwNe2fGP4AT
The leader – we?: https://aurianneor.tumblr.com/post/181677923775/the-leader-we
L’ONU interdit à la France l’usage des grenades et lanceurs de balles car cette violence d’Etat dissuade les gens de manifester pacifiquement.
Rights of ‘gilets jaunes’ protesters in France, ‘disproportionately curtailed’, say UN independent experts | UN News